Sunday, August 14, 2011

Venue Reviews are BACK! - American Spirit Center, Brighton, MI

So you're probably all wondering "what happened to the venue reviews?"  Summer is prime wedding season and just this past weekend I hit a milestone by having three weddings all at the same time.  Myself, DJ Travis and DJ Dizzy (on loan from my friend's DJ company) all had extremely successful wedding receptions.

Today I volunteered my services at a benefit for a 13 year old girl with brain cancer.  More on that in the next blog post.

Needless to say, it's been very busy and I'm finally catching up.  So here it is... The American Spirit Center.

You might think a VFW hall wouldn't be so nice and usually "trashy, not classy" is what comes to mind.  Well, let me tell you... you've never been to The American Spirit Center in Brighton, MI.


From The main entrance, you can tell, this isn't your typical VFW hall.

My wife and I had OUR reception here 5 years ago.  It's gotten even nicer since then!  I was surprised to see some minor updates to aging light fixtures and the obnoxious wall mount TVs (used for bingo) are now covered in boxes that look like wedding presents (a nice way to hide something that isn't going away).


Table and chair decor are up the client.  In this instance, the couple opted for no chair covers and simple table decor. The white box (middle of picture) is a covered TV.



I'm not sure who's doing the catering there now. It used to be C&C Catering, but I'm not convinced this wedding was done by them.  The food was good, but not 5 star.  The staff seemed very attentive and did a good job.  I don't know how the pricing is now, but at the time we booked this hall, it was a STEAL!

Overall, I'd recommend this venue to anyone looking to keep it classy without blowing the budget.


No comments:

Post a Comment