Friday, September 11, 2015

It's been a while and it's been a busy summer!

Some of you may be wondering... what happened to the blog posts and the venue reviews?

Well, to be honest... I've been focused on my clients and improving my offerings.  This summer has been quite busy.  Many of the venues I've done this past summer are either repeat locations that I've already reviewed or private backyard events that wouldn't really help you too much in your planning.

Not everything is old though.  I've worked with a few outstanding vendors this summer and I always want to give credit where credit is due.

I did an amazing wedding at a private campground in Dexter on 8/22/15.  While the scenery was beautiful, there were some issues with zoning and I can't comfortably recommend this location for any event.

The one thing I can say is that the caterer was AMAZING!  If you like grilled food, KING-Q BAR-B-QUE is your guy!  There were so many choices and so many items that could have been done just average, but everything in this arsenal of BBQ barnyard friends was kicked up to an amazing level.



The variety of food isn't reflected in the picture above as I would have needed THREE plates to show everything off.  Pulled pork and chicken, BBQ chicken, ribs, beef brisket, custom sausages, homemade cornbread, homemade coleslaw, mac n' cheese, southwestern veggies, mashed potatoes, grilled veggies, grilled salmon, grilled duck and I'm probably missing a dozen things.  Every bit of it was excellent.

I also had the opportunity to try something new with the lighting.  Tree lighting!


The outdoor bar was themed out very nicely.  An old antique rowboat created the bar shelf to hold bottles.  The background for photos was picture perfect as you can see from this photo (taken with my phone, believe it or not).








I'll try to get a new post up, each coming week over the next month.  While I don't have a lot of new venues to review, there's a few unique ideas and new vendors.

As always, thanks for reading and be sure to visit The DJ Guy on our website and Facebook page.

No comments:

Post a Comment