Thursday, May 22, 2014

Venue Review - Oak Pointe Country Club, Brighton, MI

On May 10th, I finally made my way over to Oak Pointe Country Club in Brighton, MI.  I've have at least half a dozen inquiries about weddings for this location over the years, but many either changed their venue or didn't book.  While I have no idea what they charge for a wedding reception, I can surely tell you it is on the higher end of the scale.

The ceremony took place just outside and was picture perfect...



The inside was elegantly set with this year's seemingly popular colors, purple and grey...


The Events Director, Kendall, was very helpful and showed me where to setup and get power (which was down a bit from where I was setup).  My setup was a bit unexpected for them.  They usually don't see DJs that have their own light up booths.  I got quite a few compliments on that through out the night and it fit right in with the classy look of the location.  Each one of those cabinets behind my setup is a "private wine cellar" for country club members to rent.  I'd guess that isn't cheap either, but I also think it was not only a bad spot to put them, but also a bad idea not to put a power outlet somewhere along the floor in this area.


The food and service were top notch... here's what it looked like.


The Groom made the table center pieces, cake and cupcake displays from birch, giving it a slightly rustic feel.


The reception hall at Oak Pointe is pretty spacious and allows for two additional wings to be opened (each with a bar) if needed.




Overall, it was a great night and guests didn't want to leave.  The last picture was taken after the lights came back on.  As you can see, there were still nearly 50 people there, who would have kept dancing had the hall allowed them.  I was willing to stay, but the next day being mother's day, the hall had to setup for brunch in the morning.

 

You can find full details on Oak Point Country Club at their website:
http://www.clubcorp.com/Clubs/Oak-Pointe-Country-Club/Weddings-Events/Weddings


 

Look for new venue reviews and blogs posts every Sunday at noon!

 


No comments:

Post a Comment