Thursday, May 29, 2014

Venue Review - Whispering Pines Golf Club in Pinckney, MI

On May 17th, Sarah and Brandon tied the knot at Whispering Pines (the couple at the top of their page got married there in October of 2013... I did their wedding) in Pinckney, MI.  While the weather was warm, it was misting on and off through out the afternoon and instead of chancing rain during the ceremony, they opted to move it indoors.  I provided music for the ceremony, utilizing a new mini mixer which allowed perfect fading from song to song, to fade out.


The cocktail hour took place in another room downstairs, while the reception room was prepared for dinner (they had a golf luncheon that was finishing up while the ceremony was going on). This made juggling sound equipment a bit challenging, but that's what I do - I specialize in unique situations and needs for weddings... a true DJ is much more than just the guy who plays music.  I also provided up lighting and a photo booth for this event.  The photographer for this event (Gary) works for Bak Photography, whom I've worked with from time to time over the last ten years or so.  Gary is a super nice guy and does a great job of making sure that the couple gets every shot they want.  Bak photographers, like myself, come prepared to handle any curve ball and bring the right equipment to capture the moment perfectly!  Gary's on the right in this first shot...







I also have to say that not only are the staff at Whispering Pines top notch, the food is excellent!  This is definitely a contender for top picks this year.  With great food and service, a beautiful location for photos and a nice looking venue, you can't do much better.


The bridal party had a blast during their dance.  I got some video and I'll try to post more video footage this year in the blog.




Don't forget...
New blog posts and venue reviews right here every Sunday at noon!


No comments:

Post a Comment