Sunday, February 26, 2023

How we bounced back from the pandemic, stronger than ever and the road ahead!

It's been quite a while since our last post here. The 2020 pandemic was a business killer for many of us and I'm happy to report that we weathered the storm, prospered in 2021 and hit new records for 2022. Now that 2023 is upon us, it's time to lead from the front with new and innovative experiences being offered to you and your guests!

In the summer of 2021, I found most of my events wanting to be outdoors. This created a dilemma for our new outdoor backdrops. Being nearly 8 feet tall and 8 feet wide, they make a great sail when setup outdoors, even with the slightest breeze. I realized this before ever doing an event and knew I had to do something to not only provide a good experience for my clients, but also a safe one. I created a support system to attach to the backdrop, that would hold it in place while not damaging the backdrop in the process.

I setup for my first event with the prototype in late June. I didn't think I needed it that day, it was hot and there was no wind, but that changed pretty fast about an hour after the event started. The sky got very dark and the wind picked up. The skies opened up and the rain started. The wind got worse and I had to shut down all my gear and move about 15 further into the tent and cover my DJ gear. The rain was driving in sideways and all the tables had their linens blown off. Some of the tent poles around the outer sides were lifting off the ground and none of us were sure if the tent would hold or blow away!

Throughout the whole storm, the one constant was my backdrop! The weather service reported 37 MPH gusts during that storm and my backdrop didn't budge! It was then, that I knew I had created something special. I shared my story and a photo on a photo booth user group on Facebook and had several offers to buy one. This being a prototype, it wasn't very pretty, light or compact.

I began learning Autocad and 3D printing a few months later and by the end of January 2022, I had my first solid product, BackProp. I filed for a patent and I began selling them by the end of February 2022. I immediately started receiving positive feedback on my invention from everyone that purchased it. By the end of wedding season 2022 (which was a very busy year), I had sold nearly 300 of them!

By November, I created my second product (an add-on) which allows you to add stability to your backdrop stand when you use it indoors against a wall (WallProp).

I found a good friend in the owner of the backdrop company I purchase from, Scott Bryan of PB Backdrops. I made plans to attend the International Photo Booth Expo (PBX) in Las Vegas for February of 2023 and Scott allowed me to setup with him, using one of his backdrops to demo my product on. His team is amazing and just about the nicest family you'll ever meet.

            

While I was at PBX, I went to several seminars to learn and grow my knowledge on not only photo booths, but the DJ side as well (MEX, the Mobile Entertainment Expo was taking place with PBX).


I am pleased to be bringing back new ideas, concepts and experiences to offer my clients. One of which I am offering as of today.

The DJ Guy has just added a new service (also available by itself for a premium), Memories Are Calling Audio Guestbook Services. This provides your guests with another entertainment option and offers the bride and groom a unique way to remember their special day with family, friends and loved ones.

This service is currently available to add to your already booked wedding or as a stand alone option based on availability. Please contact us by email or phone to reserve yours today!

5-star rated services for over 23 years in the lower Michigan area. Hundreds of reviews from past clients on our website and social media. Family owned and operated - know who you're hiring! We provide that personal touch that big companies can't!





www.thedjguy.info









No comments:

Post a Comment